The second version of our smart contract can be used now while we finalize contributions to the DAO for our project fund. This is a way for Spark Eco to support mission-aligned projects while we set up our internal fund that will be used for solar microgrid projects. In the future, the community will be able to propose and vote on the partner organizations we support and the projects we fund.
V2.0 of our smart contract is built using OpenZepplin which is a battle-tested and audited library of smart contracts. We chose this because it reduces the risk of the funds while they are being disbursed to the non-profits we support. You can review the smart contract on Etherscan. Spark Eco does not have custody of the funds, they are pooled on the smart contract and released weekly or when the pool is greater than 2ETH. Spark receives a percentage of these contributions which are used for overhead expenses. You can verify the wallet addresses of the organizations below:
V2.0 Current smartcontract:
- Address: give.sparkeco.eth or 0x1339ef0c5d4011fee0c3d3b39f3ab1947890827d
- Rainforest Foundation US: 0x54334Ebc8c9ef04bc28D614Caa557143ED8AfC87
- SELF: Solar Electric Light Foundation: 0xBBE01B988b0cD3aBC1dB6f2e1B6E16b6C8bE1986
- United Solar Initiative: 0x93342A2003fCC819F28a219E8588c4dC4c24DF71
- sparkeco.eth: 0xDC467F97a4048871B5e3E8Fa3549C4a498631e43
Previous contract versions can be reviewed here.